Sunday, May 16, 2004

Hey I'm on a roll

Looks like all I needed to kick my ass into blogging gear was a new look here, hehe.

Not that I have much of anything of interest to write about. Today was a lazy day around our house. Apart from doing the laundry, the kid and I just watched Finding Nemo and hung out. We're having a lovely thunderstorm atm which is nice to watch. It's a little light on the thunder though. I do love a good storm. I don't know what it is about them that makes me feel good. A lot of people think I'm odd because I don't wish for bright sunny weather all the time.

We have an office cleaning lady that comes in every day around 1pm and she inevitably mentions the weather. I find it particularly cruel considering our offices are below ground and windowless :) But she's an older lady who prefers warm sunny days and gives me funny looks when I sort of cringe and wish for a bit of rain.

I think it comes from my time spent in Monterey. I really came to love it when the fog would roll in over PG and drape itself like a fuzzy blanket over the peninsula. If I happened to be on the beach at the time I took pleasure in being able to listen to the waves crashing on the beach, but not seeing them. I also enjoyed the year-round cooler weather we had there. I wish I could decently describe how... comforting I found gloomy days, and still do. I don't get depressed when it's cloudy and I don't watch the weather channel like a hawk waiting for word of the sun peaking out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some vampire-like weirdo who only thrives in gloom. I enjoy a beautiful clear day with a cool breeze and not a cloud in the sky. The colours seem more vivid and vibrant and the plethora of big beautiful trees around here look especially nice contrasted with a brilliant blue sky during the spring. It's just that I don't get that grey-weather scowl on my face when I wake up and see that it looks like rain. And I don't grimace and flinch when the cleaning lady comes in lamenting the foul weather.

So she thinks I'm a freak. Ah well.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry dude i didnt knwo what i was doing on here argh thats embarassing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger