Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tornado Time

Well I've just returned from a quick trip to the north end of town to sit in my grandparents' basement. Yes it's that time of year when a beautiful sunny, muggy day can quickly become a wall of ominous black clouds swirling above and showering Grand Island with rain, hail and the odd tornado.

Whenever the weather gets scary my grampa usually calls us and makes us drive up there to be safe down in their basement, so we round up anything we'd like to hang onto, stuff Spooky in a backpack and drive up there.

There's a lot of bad weather happening this evening but oddly, the system sort of split as it hit GI and the two parts ended up skirting completely around us which I find odd. It rained a little and we had some wind and a lovely lightning show but not much else.

So as soon as the all clear was given we came home. Spooky streaked up our stairs and practically banged down the door trying to get in. She's not used to taking road trips you see and I think she was scared. Poor thing also probably did not enjoy being squashed in Shan's backpack full of homework.

Anyway that was our excitement for the evening.

Spent a bit of time today fiddling with the header for this blog. I don't like it but it's better then the generic one from the blogger template. I really should just suck it up and redo the design here but it's such a fiddly pain in the ass with all the blogger code. Meh. I don't hate this template though, apart from the colours and header. The layout and code is quite nice actually so maybe I'll just fiddle with colours.

Sorry, rambling. My contacts are bugging me so I guess I'll put the laptop away now. Night.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't you learned yet that a tornado warning in Grand Island actually means, "Let's all run outside and look at the sky!"?

Jo

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger atomicweightofcheese said...

Lol! I forgot :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger