Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Countdown

Well! That was a bit of a break eh? It's been crazy busy lately in my life, a fact for which I'm actually grateful. I love being busy and feeling like I have a purpose. One of our guys left the department a couple of weeks ago and I've been getting to do his stuff along with mine which equates to working late and working at home a little.

It's refreshing though because although it's hard work, it's work I love. I'm so lucky to be able to work in a job I actually *like*. So many people end up stuck and unhappy and I was sure headed that way. Thank Elvis for the Internets :) It saved me.

Sooooo what's been happening.... Well aside from lots of work, I'm looking forward to tomorrow as I will be making my final car payment (woohoo!) and from then on getting an extra $200 bucks a month back. Plus my insurance rate drops so that's even more dosh in my pocket. Maybe that will help ease things up and let me get back on track with everything. otherwise I'm starting to think it's time for a part-time job of some kind.

The kid will also be registering for High School tomorrow *sob* My baby's growing so fast. She's totally looking forward to starting whereas I was a nervous wreck. I hated starting a new school year once I got up in my high school years. Probably because I moved so much and frequently had to start in a new school. It was so hard to forge friendships in places where everyone's known each other since kindergarten.

But I'm happy she's looking forward to it. The Gs are buying her a computer (Believe me I was utterly gobsmacked when they told us) to start high school with. She's over the moon about that. She's taking French (which pleased me no end because I can help herr with that easy. I had it for five years and then lived with french peeople in England.) and drama, symphony orchestra, and the core classes like geometry and english etc. She's going to have an exciting year.

I'm hoping she takes an interest in journalism because UNL down the road is one of the top journo schools in the country. I think she'd be good at it as well. Plus one of the writers at my paper is also a journo teacher at Senior High and I think it'd be fun for her to be in his class.

Ok so that's my update for now. Oh, I've started a new blog called 'IVL' which will be my blog for the paper which is another reason I've been so quiet here. IVL is gong to take a lot of my time. It's where I get to talk about my experiences as a longtime 'Netizen and I'll pass on fun and funky websites I know about, talk about how to get along online, tips, tricks, things like that. So check it out.

/shameless plug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger