Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ugly Day

London blasts: death toll rises to 37

What a horrible day. The first thing I heard when I woke up was the news about the attacks in London. My first thought was for my friends and acquaintances there. Everyone's accounted for though so that was a ray of light.

Even managed to get a hold of my lovely ex-boyfriend there (yes I said lovely, it was an amicable breakup :) ) and found he was fine.

Still and all, and I don't mean to place this in comparison with 9/11 but today had the same sort of feel. Almost. I mean, all I wanted to do was watch continual coverage of the aftermath and find my friends but I had to work. And as I went about my day I constantly ran into people who didn't even mention it. I don't mean at the paper because of course there was discussion about it there, but as I was out and about in town. It was like any other day with almost everyone I came into contact with.

I wanted to scream at them that this terrible thing happened.

I did overhear a couple people talking about the attacks as if they were neighbours standing at their fence sharing the latest gossip. One woman said, "I bet it was the Irish."

I sat there dumbfounded that she would say such an ignorant, ridiculous thing. She was another one I wanted to scream at and shake her senseless.

Today was so surreal.

Anyway, my thoughts are with Londoners as they recover from this ugly day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger