Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fascist Groove Thing

The title's the song playing on Fred right now. It's so bloody repetitive that it's now stuck in my head. Yes I know it was a left-wing social commentary song banned by the BBC at the start of the Thatcher era but my god, it's like 10 minutes of the same line over and over and over and gah! Enough!

I'm starting to get a little tired of listening to Fred. Same groups of songs from the same group of artists all the time. Hello, Fred? There are other bands out there besides Midnight Oil ok? And please please please stop playing The Cult. And get rid of that monotonously dull guy Bill Kates. He sucks.

Ok I think I'm done bitching now.

So the Director of Digital Publishing at Gatehouse stumbled on my previous post about the sale of my newspaper. He was kind enough to drop me an email and say hello and let me know that his company (soon to be my company, yay!) is looking forward to working with all of the papers they acquired from Morris. I thought that was pretty damn cool.

Well first I was all kinds of puzzled as to how he found me until I realized he followed a link from my coworker's blog where she actually named names. I vagued up my own post because I'm overly paranoid about talking about work stuff in a blog. Lessons learned from Dooce, you know? :)

But since the news is public, why be paranoid? :) Full story of the sale here.

After I got past the 'how did he find me' puzzlement, I toured around his blog for a while. I cannot wait to start working for this company. It's going to rock. Some people from GateHouse are stopping by the paper on Monday (so of course we spent Friday afternoon tidying up, putting out the "good" plates, getting coffee ready etc.) for a meet and greet. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger