Wednesday, August 11, 2004

New Media Producer

Soooooo...

I got the job :) It's been a while since I've written here and if I would have been on the ball I would have posted the instant I heard the good news. But things have been fairly hectic once the ball began rolling on ending my job at Saint Francis and preparing for my new job.

The day after my previous entry is when she called to offer me the job and I have to say that I was in some kind of numb shock. It's only now beginning to sink in to me that this is really happening. It's all been so surreal. The strangest thing of all is that a month ago I wasn't even contemplating any of this. Isn't it funny how life throws those cureveballs at you when you aren't quite ready for them? When I began taking my mom's pictures down in my office and packing up my things, that's when it began to hit me. I'm really leaving. Everytime I run into my boss he pretends to have a bit of a breakdown and we laugh. It makes me feel really good to learn that I'll actually be missed here. I know I will miss the fantastic people I've worked with for the last five years. This hospital has been very good to me and I'll never forget it.

Tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner with a couple coworkers and then apparently my department set up a bit of a going-away reception for me on Friday. I'm a little nervous about that because I'm not used to being in the spotlight like that. But it does make me feel incredible that they'd go to so much trouble. This place has been great :)

But I'm not really leaving for good. I offered to remain on a sort of part-time status called 'pool' and they agreed, so I'll still be running the sites until someone can be hired, which means that much more extra money. And even after that I'll need to train whomever steps into this position. And then I'll remain on to work on large projects for other departments, so that will be cool.

Anyway, just an update. I start my new job as 'New Media Producer' on Tuesday the 17th. I will hopefully be getting a new computer there whenever their new budget year starts and I was given the option of getting a laptop so wheeeee :)

I can't wait.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger atomicweightofcheese said...

test

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger