Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Miss you dad.

Twelve years ago today my dad passed away without warning. I try not to think about the whole 'anniversary of their deaths' thing because it's just depressing. I miss both mom and dad very much, especially around Christmas time as we had such great holidays together growing up.

But the weird thing is there's this uber-loud ad rep sitting on the other side of my cubicle yakking on and on right now about what she plans to do with her body when she dies. I don't know why or how the subject came up but it really was odd when she said she wanted to be cremated and have her family take a trip to California and release her ashes into the ocean.

That's exactly what Kelly, Shannon and I did with mom and dad's ashes.

And yesterday my grandparents gave me a beautiful picture of my mom they had gotten blown up from a snapshot and I have it now on my desk at work. I think it's oddly fitting to have it here instead of at home because she was working here when she died. Well, not when she actually died - you get what I mean.

It's as if I'm supposed to remember the death anniversaries and not push them out of my mind. I'll try to I guess... but probably sitting at my desk at the paper is not the best place. Wish loud ad rep would shut it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger