Saturday, November 26, 2005

Going down smooth

I was sitting down to watch a movie (El Crimen del Padre Amaro tonight) when I got to poking around my hard drive beforehand and I found a bunch of old stories I wrote a few years ago. A lot of them were just silly fanfic but some were a bit better than that. At least, they had bits and pieces in them that I liked and wanted to keep. So I posted a few excerpts over on my writing blog.

Actually as I was watching Most Haunted this morning I thought about what would happen if one of the psychics on the show became possessed by a malevolent ghost, as they do from time to time, and strangled the host of the show. Would the psychic really have been possessed when he murdered her or was he faking it. How could he prove it?

Hmmm... I dunno, maybe that's too "Murder She Wrote."

Anyway, Thanksgiving was lovely. Meeting Kelly's boyfriend was great and I hope he wasn't overwhelmed by meeting the whole family at once :) Was really good to see Kelly again as well. I wish we lived closer.

Shannon worked for the paper the evening before Thanksgiving stuffing papers in bags. She made fifty bucks and is quite pleased with her self. While she was doing that Kelly, the bf and myself hung out at the Chicken Coop playing pool and being accosted by a bit of an overzealous dude who just wouldn't shut up. But he bought Kelly and I shots of Bailey's for no reason which was nice. But his constant pestering me to chug the shot was annoying. Bailey's is meant to be sipped slowly and savoured, so it goes down smooth - not downed like tequila. Ah well. Kelly's boyfriend figured he was just bugging us because he could check out the cleavage as we bent over the pool table. He was very starey.

Next day was spent with that side of my family and it was very nice. Rick brought a keg of my favourite root beer that he brews for the Coop so I was in heaven. Later that evening we bowled. I fell. It was most amusing.

Did "Walk the Line" again this morning (and there's the "Brokeback Mountain" trailer in front of that - even better to see that on the big screen) while Shannon wandered the mall and drooled over the clothes in Hot Topic. I know it's weird of me to go see it again, but well, it's a good movie and I love Joaquin Phoenix. Sue me.

Yeah so that's a rundown of the past few days. To sum it up: Boyfriend = good, Root beer = Goooooood, Bowling = bad, Joaquin Phoenix = So so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger