Monday, October 10, 2005

I Fall to Pieces

Isn't it weird how something as mundane as a clogged bathtub can make a girl fall completely apart?

I don't quite know what happened. One minute I'm working the plunger, the next I'm sobbing like a girl.

I mean really, what the fuck? The bathtub drain was working just fine only this morning when I took a shower. Tonight, after Shannon takes her bath suddenly it won't drain and the only thing keeping it from flooding everywhere is the little - I guess it's a backup - hole under the little flippy thing you shift up or down to hold the water in. There's a foot of water in the tub, it's cold because of course my faucet never shuts completely off no matter how hard I twist the knobs, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to drain. AND when I lean forward and push slightly on the wall tiles to get a better angle for the plunger, three goddamned tiles cave inwards to reveal a natty inner wall.

So I stand back and look at my horrible bathroom and I lost it. I had a good cry. I hate this apartment so much but I can't afford to move. I hate the bathroom and it's putrid yellow tiles on ALL the walls. I don't fucking know how to do caulking! What were they thinking when they designed this shit? I hate the Brady wallpaper out in the stairwell. I hate grocery shopping and basing what I buy on what we can carry up three flights of steps. I hate that I can't see if my car's being ripped off because I can't see my car full stop.

And right now, I hate the damn non-draining bathtub.

And yeah, I'm whinging about it in a blog instead of trying to fix it. But I'm tired, frustrated, angry - angry with the tub, with life, with just everything that's bugging me right now. I figured I should stop trying to fix it before I really break something. And yeah I'll probably have to call the landlord - the same landlord I'm still waiting on to fix the glass in my shower doors that split over a year ago when Shannon slipped in the tub and fell against them.

I'm going to bed. If I drown during the night, then so be it.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger TongaLH said...

I know it isn't right to get joy from another's misery, but I just laughed my ass off. I am glad you got is sorted though! Well...the drain anyways...:/

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger atomicweightofcheese said...

Me too! It was quite the feeling of empowerment I can tell you :) There might have been a "WOOHOO" involved when the last of the water swirled away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger