Sunday, January 01, 2006

Another year gone

I thought I should blog on this first day of a new year. I didn't do anything exciting - didn't even make it to midnight last night because the cold meds kicked in and knocked me out. I've had this cold you see, since the day after christmas. Thought I was getting better but this weekend it came back to kick my ass.

So Shan and I decided to have a marathon weekend of Forever Knight :) It's been fun. I love watching movies with Shannon. And with FK it's been even more fun because it's a show that just begs for the MSTK treatment. As much as I love my vampire detective, the show is just one big ball of cheese. It's great :)

So anyway, I was meaning to write about 2005 a little. It's been a mellow year. We spent a lot more time with Gary though the circumstances weren't the best. Hanging out and chatting with Aunty Jo and family has been fabulous. Watching my baby girl begin her first year of high school has been both wonderful and sad. She had quite a scare several weeks ago that I don't think she's quite over but she'll bounce back.

I've had a lot of fun working on projects at work, especially IndyKnow. I love my job so much. Actually it was kind of funny because one evening I was at Mike's house for his B-fest and another guest asked me how long I've worked for the paper. So I said, "Well, I still love my job." So she replied, "Ah not long then." I hope I don't reach a point where I don't love what I do. I grew up with journalism and broadcasting from my parents, so I know the pitfalls. Maybe I'm immune to them. Maybe it's too early to tell. All I know is right now, it's great :)

All in all it's been an okay year. No one I love dearly died on me so that's always a plus :) I don't mean that to be morbid or anything. There was just a run of a few years where each year was marked by that. So now I'm happy to make it through a year with my family members in tact.

I'm looking forward to the coming year. If I say I think it will be a great one I'll jinx it. So I'll just say, roll on 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger