Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Pounding my brain

Head. Killing. Me.

I woke up with this fecking headache and haven't been able to shake it all day. It's an all over thing and it feels good to apply pressure behind my ears and base of my neck. But I can't keep doing that all day or I won't get any work done.

I wonder what brought it on. I'm caffeinated. I've taken the Aleve. I've eaten. Maybe it's psychological. Or stress. Who knows. Xmas has been stressful but only because Shan's been hard to shop for this year. Today is the anniversay of the day my dad died. No matter how I try to forget about it, I can't help but think about him today as I do every year. It was a scary day. Maybe that's why my head hurts.

Meh who knows. I should get on with some work although even that's difficult to do today. Everyone's in a festive mood and there's food everywhere so there's a general atmosphere of frivolity and easygoing-ness around. It's really nice. I love working here.

This weekend the kidlet and I will spend Christmas eve with the Gs and I'll be making mom's yam recipe. Apparently I have her touch with them according to everyone who ate them at Thanksgiving. So this will be the second time I've ever cooked yams :) Then Shannon and I will head home and futz around the house until it's time to send her to bed and I can lay out the Santa stuff. Yes she's 14 but we still do the whole Santa thing. When she was younger though we'd always read 'Twas the Night before Christmas' together after setting out cookies and milk. She wouldn't go until we'd done that. I kind of miss that.

But blink and they grow up. Those of you folk who read this and have wee ones remember to cherish every single moment you can with them because soon they'll be older and going to high school or college, driving cars and generally doing the growing up thing. Take lots of pictures, and record them a lot too - video and audio. I have some lovely tapes of Shannon and my mom reading stories together when she was a toddler that I just adore.

Anyway, then in the morning I'll be cooking up a batch of my special french toast and maybe some bacon. Shannon's going to whip up the hot chocolate and we'll settle in and open pressies. It's going to be lovely :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger