Saturday, March 25, 2006

Panic in GI

Next Friday the paper's launching a big "favourite movie since 1980" contest. I'm suddenly feeling mild to moderate waves of panic that I can't explain. So I thought I'd blog and see if I can't get some sense of order because I feel chaotic.

Elements of the tournament:
A clickable bracket of 64 movies with great breakdowns of each film
Voting is strictly online at Getindyknow.com
Audio clips of analysis involving two of our paper's high-profile reporters
A printable bracket people can download and fill out for fun
Voting last the entire month of April and a little bit of May
As of Friday, 3 ad sponsors shelling out money to advertise on this thing

Reasons for my panicky, fluttery nerves:
I don't have the bracket image yet and will need to plug in all 64 breakdowns into it on Monday.
I will need to edit a hell of a lot of audio between Tuesday and Thursday
I'm worried the polling software I asked my boss to buy will fail and this whole thing will get fucked up.
I need to be able to quickly set up each day's matchups without being able to know ahead of time what they are.
I have to hope a coworker has time to turn the bracket into a PDF for me.
I think I'm horribly worried I've screwed up somewhere along the way and this won't work.

Aaaaargh the pressure the pressure.

Ok what I can do to get rid of this feeling:
Buy some Calgon and never leave the bathtub.
Get a grip.
Plan for the week and schedule everything as much as possible.
Find out what the seeds will be for the second, third and fourth round of matchups and build the polls ahead of time.
Remember to check the code on the movie page for the voting include. See if it has to be changed with every poll. I think it does.
Audio should be easypeasy if Scott's new toy is used.
Work late See if the Gs will pick up the kid every day this week.
Skip all meetings :) I like this option :)

Ok I'm beginning to feel a little better. It'll all come together. Touch wood nothing breaks.

Ok, Back to Smallville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger