Wednesday, April 09, 2003

So I typo'd on an article on my work website. Now I feel like shite, and have done nothing but make myself look like an ass all day today. I wish I could go home, rewind and start this day over again.

First, I got a call from my boss saying that he got a nasty email from a department that *my* department is not fond of saying there were errors in their article I posted for them about a raffle. Well fuck me, I took a look and what do you know. I left a 'd', and 'c' out of a couple of words, and put an apostrophe in the wrong place (though, to be fair, it was a proper name of a place and I thought there actually was an apostrophe in the name. But I was wrong.) But before I looked I told my boss that I thought I'd cut and pasted the information from stuff they'd given me, which is what I normally do. I shouldn't have done that. I should have looked first. Because now he's sent them a message saying that the errors must have come from them. Which of course, they denied and got huffy about. So not only did I make myself look dumb, I just made my boss look dumb in front of the one person he does not get on well with in our organization.

Then I had to do some damage control and explain that yes, the errors were my fault, I apologised and explained that I did cut and paste some of it, while some of it I had to type myself because the poster/flyer they gave me was too large to shrink and still be readable.

Oi. On top of that mess, I missed a conference call yesterday because I thought it was happening today. This was after I emailed the host of the call to say I'd be there for it today. *sigh* I want a rock to crawl under please. I think I will lock my office door and just hole up in here for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger