Monday, May 05, 2003

Hurray I heard from the bellydancer. Can I just say *phew*? I had all sorts of awful thoughts about that job. First I worried that I was pestering her with my emails and that she'd probably had a family emergency or something and the last thing on her mind was me, then I worried that she hated what I did and skipped out on me, then I decided not to analyse it to death and just keep sending emails periodically. Turns out she's just taken possession of her new dance studio and has been busy getting it set up for a May 15th opening and she's only just now getting to her emails.

Which is a relief but now I've just sent the first bill and I am now stuck worrying whether she will faint at the price. I can't get used to charging the fee I came up with. I come from a long track record of working for minimum wage on up to where I am now (which is waaaaay low end of the scale compared to what I'm charging for the same services freelance). So it's a bizarre feeling charging someone $60 bucks an hour. I feel like I don't deserve to be charging that much, and I also feel like she'll see the bill and balk. But, she knew my fee going into it and even said that it was reasonable so we'll see how quickly I get a check. I stipulated that payment is due within 5 days of receipt of the bill so I'll keep my lovely reader posted :)

In other news, looks like I get to hook up with biodad on Friday which will be nice. Still don't know what we're going to do, but we'll figure something out. He mentioned something about seeing if there are any concerts going on and doing that rather than having dinner (we can eat anytime he says). I reminded him that this is not exactly a mecca of culture here and all I could find to do was see a movie or get our blood/glucose levels checked. Exciting eh? Maybe we'll just hang out at a park. The thing is that he's very athletic and outdoorsy, and I'm just not. Ah well, we'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger