Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Harry Potter release party

As I was writing the previous entry my daughter wandered into the room and I was telling her about some plans we might have to talk to her and her friends about the HP 6 midnight release party for the paper.

Then we got to talking about how much we enjoyed the last one. Here's how we spent some great time together thanks to my hero, JK Rowling:

We showed up at Hastings somewhere between 11pm and 12am and ran into fellow diehard fans we knew from work. The grownups chatted while the kids ran amok in the store having fun and anxiously waiting for their books. There were games and prizes and it was generally a lot of fun.

We got our grubby mitts on 2 copies and raced home and began to read together in my room, me from my book, Shan from hers.

Unfortunately it was so late that we didn't read for long before burning eyes and jaw-cracking yawns reminded us that we needed sleep. So we slept, but both of us were up early despite that so we could devour the book whole.

I sat in my chair and Shan lazed on the bed and we spent the entire day reading Order of the Phoenix. This is an 800-ish page book mind you. But I really cherish that day we spent reading. Into the wee hours of the next morning we carried on reading. But with only a few chapters to go, Shan could no longer prop up her eyelids and she reluctantly went to bed. However, I just couldn't do it. I had to finish it and I didn't have as much to go as she did so I ended up finishing the book about 17 hours after starting it.

To some it might seem quite sad to spend a whole day inside reading a book, but for Shan and me, it was heaven. And in about a month, we get to do it again. So thanks JK :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger