Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Greatest F*** I ever had

I'm finally going to see Placeo live. This band caught my attention just after my mum died and I was obsessed with them for a long time. I loved every single song. Even 'Nancy Boy' (from which came the title of this blog. Bet you thought I was going to talk about the best sex EVAR. Ha.) But they are mainly a European band (based in the UK) with only mild success on this side of the Atlantic. They had a song open the movie "Cruel Intentions" and some success with a song called "Pure Morning" a few years ago but otherwise they are not well-known here - well at least in this part of the country.

So because of that, I never got the chance to see them perform at the height of my passion for them because they rarely tour here. But now they are coming to Denver and I just can't miss the chance. So the kid and I are off to see my favourite band for the first time, for the last time unless they someday play at the HEC here in town :) I'd love it but I don't think GI is ready for Placebo.



Man... I haven't been to a show since Depeche Mode at the Shoreline in 2001. Well, not quite true, I enjoyed SOJH at the Grand downtown. But that was an unknown band to me. Ok I'll rephrase. I haven't been to a show of a band I love since Depeche in 2001. Which incidentally was my daughter's very first concert. And she fell asleep. And almost got stepped on by some chick who was totally fried on acid and I don't think she even knew she was at a concert. Thankfully Meechie gave her a good shove and she stumbled away, thus sparing Shan a stomp on the head.

I'm thinking I'll introduce her to the Crush and position ourselves right up front too. She might as well learn what complete twats people become when the show starts :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger