Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blogs blogs bogs

I'm falling down on the bloggin' thang. I was doing so well too.

Actually I sort of created more "work" for myself this afternoon when I decided to leap blindly into writing an 'Inside the Newsroom' type blog for the paper. I've been kicking the idea around for ages and after building a blog for the Editor's editorial cartoons that he draws, I wasn't going to wait around for someone to give me the go ahead.

It's bare bones right now because hey, I just started it this afternoon. But I plan to post in there daily. Here's hoping I manage to do it. Might be hard to talk about the goings-on inside the newspaper 5 days a week :)

I've also been sort of following the WGA strike that began this week. From an outsider perspective, it's an interesting story to follow. I come down on the side of the writers myself. I'm not going to be fussed if the shows I'm following shut down production - and by fussed I mean I'm not going to whinge about it (I mean, 24 is shutting down later this month and the season premiere has been postponed. But I will not whinge.) I do worry for everyone who will be out of work while their shows are shut down. Not everyone in Hollywood makes buckets of cash and Christmas is a sucky time of the year to be out of work.

I only hope that the differences can be resolved satisfactorily and quickly, so the good folks who put these shows together can get back to doing what they do best.

In other news, my friends Mike and Sarah had their second child over the weekend. She's quite beautiful and I'm very happy for them :) I got to see her today during the obligatory New Baby Tour (Thanks Mike!) and she's the cutest little thing.

Well I think that's me caught up for a while. More babble later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger