Tuesday, October 14, 2003

My Wild Life

I was in a meeting the other day with both bosses and the rest of the department and one of the bosses said we should start the meeting with a little icebreaker. I thought to myself, 'Whatever...' We're a small department, we all know each other, there's no ice to break, but ok. Anyway, he says we should tell one thing about ourselves that was false, and one thing about us that's true.

It's so much easier to think up the false stuff :)

So my turn comes around and I say my two things and my Big Boss turns to me and says "You've had such a wild life, I'm not sure what to believe." To this day her comment stuck with me. Have I had a wild life? I never thought my life was particularly outrageous. I've done some stupid things. Done some cool things. Bad things have happened to me, but so have some good. I think I did have a bit of a wild and crazy youth - where I did a LOT of stupid things. But I had fun.

I don't know... It just seems like my life right now is plain. That's a good word for it. Plain. This is dangerous for me, when I start to realize my life is plain. This is when I decide to up sticks and move half-way around the world. Maybe I should just rearrange my furniture and call it good because I can't afford to move away from my life right now.

The other day I told someone I was pretty much resigned to remaining in Nebraska, at least until my daughter graduates from high school, which is a good six years from now. I was actually starting to feel settled here, if not content. Now the thought of staying here for six years seems like a jail sentence. I can't make anything exciting happen here. I've given up trying and convinced myself that it's not so bad. And truly, it's NOT as bad as I sometimes make it out to be. I like my job, my coworkers, for the most part, are friendly and fun...

Ohhh man. I didn't mean for this to be a moaning blog. I was actually just thinking about the things I've done or seen that makes people think I have a wild life. I guess maybe my definition of a wild life is a bit different from other people's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger