Saturday, August 30, 2003

I just got the coolest program called 'Starry Night Backyard'. It's beautiful and I'm really quite excited about it. I should preface this a little and mention my growing interest in astronomy. Well, I've always enjoyed it but never really pursued it because it can be an expensive hobby. And I have my cousin to blame for re-igniting my interest in it - that and the fact that my daughter's really taken with it as well. She's so clever.

Anyway, this program has you program the Longitude and Latitude of your location and then it will project stars, planets, constellations, satellites and comets at any point in time - either past, present or future. You can "visit" other planets/stars, magnify them, learn their coordinates, check the zodiac constellations... It's just really bloody cool. The kidlet is going to get so much use out of it for school.

I just finished watching Apollo 13 for the hundredth time. I own the video but I love when they show it on the History channel because Jim Lovell is interviewed during commercial breaks. It's an amazing film really, and even though I know perfectly well how it ends, I still end up crying like a baby when they make it back home. Rick's got a couple of videos of all the Apollo missions that I guess just play all of the communications from mission control to the crafts. Can't wait to borrow that from him.

The weather's finally cooling off. It was actually chilly out this morning which brought a smile to my face. Summer's nearly over - yay! The first Husker game was today, hockey season's starting up, the nights are cold, and the leaves are slowly beginning to change. I'm looking forward to this fall and winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger