Tuesday, December 09, 2003

It's Tuesday.

And I can't think of a decent title for this entry. Oh well.

TPS goes off the Net on Sunday. *sniffle* I had a lot of fun with that site. But I've got plenty of other things to keep me busy so I'm not gutted or anything. I said earlier here that I can't compete with the big boys when it comes to movie news. And that's okay.

So what else is going on... Hey - still poor! Woohoo! Although I was recently invited to speak in front of my freelance site members and give them the basics of how to log on to their own websit/forums and for that I got a nice chunk of change. It's all gone now though. Fecking bills. I've been spending inordinate amounts of time at home screencapping Kiefer films. How... sad. Why on earth am I doing that? I can't answer that. I'll try, but I'll fail to explain the reasoning behind it. I discovered the joys of sccreencapping when LOTR came out and I realised there were a lot of fans wanting to capture their favourite moments of a certain actor or moment in a film. So there's the 'I can provide something the fans will like' factor. As I started doing it, I discovered I was pretty good at it. Not that it takes any kind of skill, just the right equipment and a working knowledge of photo tweaking in case the scene you want is a bit blurry or dark.

Then I stopped doing it for whatever reason. Along comes 24 to provide some much-needed escapism during a rough patch in my life, and the talent and gorgeousness that is Kiefer just lends himself to screencapping. I find that I actually enjoy the tediousness of looking at a film frame-by-frame and capturing a look, clarifying some background set piece or picture, igniting the loins of the multitudes of Kieferettes out there (myself included) who demand beautiful pictures of him - it's a bit of a rush really. I like all the editing - no, I love it. I love to capture an image and stick it into my software and make it better. I love to take sound files and mix them, edit them and make them available for the drooling masses (and yes I count myself among them.) And in the process I can forget my troubles for a few hours every night. It's a win-win really.

Anyway I told you I'd fail to explain it properly and I still probably come off as quite sad for doing it. I don't care much though. It's a hobby, a weird one, but a hobby nonetheless and it keeps me off the streets :)

Ugh I put far too much Smiths on my Winamp. So depressing.Ah - Falco, Rock Me Amadeus in German. Much better. Very peppy :) Anyway I'm not getting much work done right now so I'd better snap to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger