Sunday, November 09, 2003

Saturday night

Well, it's actually Sunday morning but I wrote in here last night and fuck me if I didn't lose the whole damn thing. Argh.

Well it was mainly just me rambling on about 24 and Kiefer again. I know I keep doing that, but I can't help it. I freaking love this show and I want more people to get sucked into Jack's world. It's such an addictive, well-crafted, well-written show and every character has so many layers to them it's incredible. And I can definitely say it holds up to multiple viewings. Even though I know what happens and the surprise element is gone, I'm finding I am picking up the subtleties now - things I wouldn't have known to look for the first time around. Anyway, I can't say enough good things about 24 and if you haven't seen it, see it. Right now. Drop what you're doing and go rent the DVDs.

As for Kiefer himself, well every film I catch him in shows me how underrated this man is. My favourite film of the moment is called 'Dead Heat' in which he plays Pally Lamarr, a young cop forced into retirement because of a heart condition. It also stars Anthony Lapaglia and Radha Mitchell. Pally's brother (Lapaglia) convinces him to get in on a dodgy scheme involving a horse and a jockey who's in deep to the mob. What follows is a chance to see Kiefer in a wonderful comdic performance - a rare thing and something I'd love to see more of. He and Lapaglia act off of each other as if they really were brothers - it's great :) this is a brilliant little film.

Anyway, I'll quit gushing for now. Expect more later :) Right now I'm thinking I'm going to go back to bed. It's far too early on a Sunday to be awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger