Thursday, November 06, 2003

Bye Kelly

Packed off the sister the day before yesterday. Yes we managed to watch the entire run of season 2 of 24. She just got sucked in, much like I did. Chalk up another fan :) Was sad to say goodbye to her though. We had a really great visit, I thought. Usually after about 4 or 5 days of being around each other we start to fight, as sisters often do. Kelly's probably the only person in the world who can really piss me off. I have a slow temper but when it's up, it's pretty bad. But it was different this time. Somehow I think we were both glad to see each other and catch up with everything, and show off stuff, introduce each other to new things (yes I think West Wing's pretty damn good too) - that sort of thing. I didn't even mind all the driving.

I'm still seriously thinking of finding a way to move out to Cali. I've been checking out Monster.com daily looking for work and for ways to beef up my resume. I think it's pretty light right now but I threw it together on the fly. I want to move right now and this is dangerous for me because I am subject to following whims which usually gets me into trouble. So I want to do this move the right way this time. I want a job first and a way to carry out the move, a place to live, fair warning to the grandparents and my current job and all that good stuff. I am going to do it right this time which means I have to take it slow and realise it's not going to happen within the next couple of months - as much as I would like it too. I want to get the fuck out of here so badly. Today was a horrible bout of scrambling to come up with money to cover the bills and it involved much begging of the phone and utilities company, and a lot of tears, followed by a dangerous glimpse of mounting self-pity (why me? I'm sick of living like this blah blah blah) which I'd really like to avoid. What I need to do is not let myself begin to wallow in the whole 'I'll never get things to change so I give up' shite and actually do something about it.

I mean really, I don't make a bad living, I don't have horrendous credit card debt like most folk. Just student loans. Argh student loans. Anyway, the problem lies in that I have more bills than I do income. I work 40+ hours a week and am looking into getting a second job, which means I'll rarely get to see my daughter and spend time with her, which will have a negative impact on her because the last time I worked 2 jobs and was gone all the time, her grades slipped, she withdrew into her own little world... Right now she's doing so well... *sigh* I need a work-from-home kind of (legit) job so I can at least *be* there for her.

Anyway I'm going to stop rambling on. My mind's going about a zillion miles an hour though. Might write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger