Friday, June 29, 2007

Baseball is very niiiice

We're back in Great Falls today and Charlotte's house was a gathering point for a multitude of people coming for the backyard wedding tomorrow. Charlotte has a huge family and so several of her brothers and sisters and assorted spouses met up here and at around 6:30pm we all headed for the stadium to watch the Great Falls White Sox take on the Billings Mustangs in the first of a three-game series.



Gary had reserved the stadium's new MVP section for us right behind the visiting team's dugout so we got to heckle at close range. I dug watching the game from that area. We got a cool free baseball cap and program and some food and drinks and had a great view of the game and accompanying thunderstorm.

The game went on for around 15 innings I believe. We gave up and left after the 14th though because everyone was pretty knackered and tomorrow's a big day :) But the Sox prevailed and all in all a good time was had.

Here's a few more shots of the fam watching the game:


From right to left: Swi (Gary's best friend), Tom, Jo, Gary and Swi's wife Ann (turned away taking a pic of her own)


Gary and Swi watch the game intently :)


Shannon poses in the cool hat.


The Bride and Groom :) I'm not sure who the other peeps are as of right now but I think they're related to Charlotte.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger KathrynAnn said...

wait a minute, YOU went and ENJOYED a sports event???? The times when I've told you how great this baseball game or this soccer game was and your eyes glazed over...
Miracle do happen.
How bout a Cubs game?:)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger atomicweightofcheese said...

Hey there's a definite difference between having to watch some game on telly and actually BEING at the field :) The vibe is different - more fun, especially when you're there with a crowd of peeps enjoying the game too :)

I'd have fun AT a soccer or baseball game. I would be bored to tears sitting in my living room watching it on tv.

So ner ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger