Monday, August 20, 2007

Moody

I'm in a mood. A grumpy, maudlin mood. I figured if I documented it and vented or whatever the hell I need here then maybe it would go away. I hate putting on my game face for work. When I'm here I'd rather just be myself, but today I need the game face, the fake office laugh, and the hope that since I sit behind a wall tucked in the corner, no one will bother me much. I might put on my headphones and tune out the world for the day.

Hate feeling like this. There are various reasons for it, most of which I'm aware of but am not going to blog about. It's enough that I know why I'm in this mood. I've had about three hours of sleep so I'm sure that isn't helping any. But if you acknowledge the Mood, hopefully it goes away.

I let Shannon take the car to school today. I figured if she does that a couple days a week it might save on some gas. Of course it means I'm stuck at work for the full day and have to bring a lunch, but I can deal. She was very excited about it. I remember that feeling :)

But that's not the reason for the moodiness. Been feeling it all weekend and tried to stave it off by reading fanfic (Oh sod off. Some fanfic is actually pretty good :) ) and watching Angel with the kid all weekend. Mindless entertainment you know? Keep the brain busy so it doesn't have time to dwell on stuff. It's an old trick of mine. Worked for the most part. But sometimes it's hard to keep it together. But this will pass. My favourite saying is 'Someday this will all be twenty years ago' and oddly enough, knowing that helps.

So enough of the whiny angst mode. I've got a lot of work to do, coffee to drink, some tunes to play and someone brought a bag of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes for the taking. Yum!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger