Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Direct

I'm directing this week's HuskersHQ talk show. Well, mostly just running the camera switches, but there's no real script so the switches are sort of freestyle.

When I do the daily newscast, I've got a script and camera changes written in. Easy-peasy. So freestyle makes me a little nervous. Especially since it's a sports show. I know SFA about Husker football so I'm hoping it will be easy to tell when to flip cams.

I'm also excited about it. As I learn more and more about video, producing and editing etc, I'm discovering a new thing that I love doing in my field. It almost feels like it did back in college when I was a bit directionless until I discovered the Internets. I had an epiphany moment when I realized I could make a living out of something I love to do as a hobby.

And I've always dug editing. Been making WAV files and soundclips for eons. But I never had really good tools to learn the stuff full force. I do now and yep, it suits me :) I'm gong to be learning how to shoot video next. Looking forward to that.

Anyway lunch break's nearly over. Check out http://theindependent.com/overtime/ tomorrow and let me know how I did :) Or you can catch my newscasts every other day at http://theindependent.com/video/.

...Later that afternoon...
Well that wasn't so bad. I kind of like freestylin' :) I felt stiff at first and afraid to get too crazy with the switching but you really do kind of get a feel for when to throw it to 1 or toss it to 3. AND you don't have to know football either :) It's more about tone of voice and you can just tell when the talking head is winding up his spiel.

I'd do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger