Monday, May 23, 2005

The Piano Man

A little while back, I was watching Good Morning America as I usually do while getting ready for work and they had a blurb about this guy who was found distressed, wandering on a beach in England, dripping wet and unable to speak.

They don't have a clue who he is and he won't speak so they think he's suffered soem kind of trauma. The only thing he will do is play the piano or draw pictures of one:


The mysterious 'Piano Man'


A very frightened 'Piano Man'


One of the drawings he has done. The only way he seems to be able to communicate right now.

I'm completely intrigued by the story and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I find his image haunting - especially the one where he seems to be cowering :( I just want to give him a hug, poor guy. Or maybe because the circumstances in which he was found are so mysterious. Dripping wet, wandering distressed along a beach, labels removed from every stitch of clothing he had on, won't, can't or refuses to speak...

Very interesting.

The latest update on The Piano Man is that the psychiatric hospital where he is being cared for has received a large number of tips on their hotline and are beginning to try and track them down. But it's been a couple of weeks now and his image has been broadcast all over the world - surely someone must recognize him.

This is one I'll be following. Here's a BBC article about him and here's another. You can google 'missing piano man' to find more if you're as intrigued as I am about this man.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Günter said...

I'm completely intrigued by the story and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I find his image haunting - especially the one where he seems to be cowering :( I just want to give him a hug, poor guy.

Probably doesn't hurt that he seems to be a fairly good-looking chap.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger atomicweightofcheese said...

He reminds me of Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode in a way. And yeah I think he's good-looking in a lost puppy sort of way. I just wonder what happened to him.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Günter said...

I agree, he's definitely intriguing. The whole thing sounds more like a plot for a movie than real life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger