Thursday, October 12, 2006

Spookinabag

Getting close to bedtime and it's time to round up the cat so I can boot her out of my room...

Except she's nowhere to be found. I start looking all over for her. I'm calling her name, rattling her food dish, peeking in every crevasse (and in this small apartment it does not take long) and still no sign. She's not under my bed. She's not curled up in her favourite chair in the living room. I enlist Shan's help.

She didn't worm her way into a closet or nose open the kitchen cupboard and clamber inside. Shan even checked my closet which hadn't been opened all evening. Hey, you never know. We start to panic. Did she slip outside? It's new to her here. How would she know to find our apartment? Scenes from every movie about animals making epic journies flit through my head.

No sign of her outside. It's cold out. She'll freeze if she got out there :( I grab her bag of treats hoping she'll come padding up from where ever she is when she hears the familiar rattle.

As I walk through my room shaking the bag, a little head pops out of my damn duffle bag. "Is that food?"



The little weasel :)

My guess is she was trying to be slick. I spent the better part of last night squirting the hell out of her for scratching at my bedroom door every 5 minutes. I got very little sleep and had to resort to shutting her in the laundry room and then toss and turn the rest of the night feeling sorry for her.

So she's obviously trying to hide in my room hoping I'll forget about her and when I'm juuuust about asleep, she'll pounce on my head.

Foiled by the treats though :) hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger