Sunday, November 05, 2006

Thou doth protest

A little protesting going on today when President Bush arrived in GI to pump up the Red team for the election on Tuesday. I was feeling curious, especially since the event center is just down the street. So the kidlet and I wandered over and caught a bunch of protestors in action as well as a shot or two of Air Force One and the motorcade.

yes their signs do say, "Welcome President Douche Bag."










There was a bit of a tussle when we were told to move back behind some yellow police tape and yet the people who weren't protesting were not asked to move back. A few 20-somethings began shouting about it which pissed off some elderly folk and the Secret Service had to come over and smooth things over. Agent Jeremy (I heard him answer his phone) simply dared the protestors to go join the non-protestors.

So they did. It was pretty cool. There were extra signs laying around and Someone asked the kid if she wanted to hold one, so she did. I held one too but I'll admit I was just more interested in seeing all the fuss. Mine just said 'Bring 'em Back Home.'

Anyway it was a fun thing to do on a Sunday :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger