Thursday, February 15, 2007

Things to do before you die

So I could not get to sleep last night. What do I do when this happens? I don't count sheep or, as my cousin prefers, solve complicated mathematical equations in my head. Instead I think about 'What ifs?' or write little tableau stories in my head, or one of those Life Questions will pop into my head and I spend time thinking about it until i drift off to sleep.

Last night was a Life Question. It was "What ten things do you want to do before you die?" Cliche? Of course but some of the things I thought of surprised me. I don't remember if I made it to ten because I did eventually drift off, but here's a few I do remember (in no particular order):

1. I want to learn to speak Russian. I love to listen to that language for some reason and the few words I do know are fun to say. Would love to know more.
2. I want to write a novel. Nothing new there.
3. I want to know whether I've really been 'in love.' Grand passion, would die for you kind of love. I thought I had, a couple times, but as time goes on, I look back and wonder if it wasn't mostly just hormones, lust and naivety.
4. I want to be known as a scholar on something. What that would be, I'm not quite sure, but it would be cool to be known as 'scholarly.'
5. Travel more. Especially the rest of Europe and Australia.
6. I want to spend a summer following a favourite band.

I think that's as far as I got before I fell asleep. I'm glad I didn't think of anything trite like 'I want to skydive' or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger