Thursday, March 15, 2007

So much fun

I was perusing the intertubes yesterday looking for this one chick's BtVS dialogue remixes that I really liked and wanted more of when I found them. That's not the cool part though. The cool part is that she explained what she used to make them - and one of the things was Acid Xpress which just so happens to be F-R-E-E :)

Now, I love to play to audio files. I have a huge library of wav files from various things because for some reason I like capturing audio from my favourite TV shows and movies. I can't explain why. It might have started when I discovered I could change the boring audio sounds computers play on startup, or when you get an error or something. I preferred to personalize my comp with my own stuff. So I've always grabbed audio clips for just such a reason. And now I have another reason to use them - REMIXES :)

I had so much fun playing with the free version of Acid Xpress that I went and bought the full version today. And I've made three mixes so far all from Buffy or Angel (because those are the only clips I have on this particular laptop atm, plus I'm in a "phase" where I'm enamoured of both shows.)

These probably won't be of interest to anyone who stops by this blog really, but here they are anyway:

(MP3 format. Right-clicky, Save as to play)
- Angelus Mix - This was made with the free Xpress version and so far it's my favourite one I've done.
- Spike Mix - The first one I did with the full version. It's ok. I can do better though.
- Angelus' Passion Mix - Ok Angel again, but the sound clips I use make me tingly. I was looking more for just ambient music on this one.
- Angel's Despair Mix - Ok Angel one more time, but I wanted to try a slow mix this time and Angel's broody moodiness seemed to fit.

It helps if you know and love the BuffyVerse :) I'll post more when I make more :) I take requests too!

But man, this software is da bomb. It comes with over 1700 wav loops to play with. I'm in heaven :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger