Thursday, November 29, 2007

An honor

My sister is getting married next year as some of you know. But she's doing it in Big Sur. The congressman she works for is letting her get married on his ranch there, which will be beautiful and as memorable as only a wedding next to the ocean can be. When I got married, we had a tiny little ceremony at Lover's Point in Monterey and it was lovely. I have fond memories of it, despite how the marriage turned out :)

Anyway, that's a different tangent. Kelly's wedding posed something of a problem for me, namely, how the hell are we going to be able to afford to get to Cali for it? I love my job very much, but I mostly live paycheck to paycheck and being a single parent of a teenager makes it difficult to save. But I don't want to blather about my finances. We're ok, we just can't do much fun stuff like travel to California.

It hurt Kelly wen I told her I might not be able to be at her wedding. It hurt me too. It's been a big ball of stress weighing on me as I try and figure out a way to get both me and my daughter to Big Sur. Sure we have friends we can stay with - that's not my worry. It's the cost of a road trip, of gas, or of plane tickets. I just didn't think I could do it and it broke my heart.

But last night, my cousin informed me that his girlfriend (who he's been with for years and she's part of the fam) has so many frequent flier miles built up that she's going to give us the plane tickets out there. First class even! Of course, first thing I did was cry like a girl.

See, she flies a LOT for her job. All over the world. My cousin said she's got enough flier miles to fly us all to Neptune if we wanted. Anyway, I can't thank her enough for thinking of us and doing this for us. It's so awesome.

So when I told Kelly we will definitely be there now, she asked me to be her maid of honor :) :) :)

I'm full of win and awesome today :) Thank you Rick and Paris :) Love you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger