Monday, December 24, 2007

Fa la la la

It's Christmas Eve day. Both an eve and a day - it's a Christmas miracle :)

It's been a busy week what with getting ready for xmas and the last-minute shopping and the sodding Chex mix I had to make from scratch. And that's literally 'sodding' Chex mix. Apparently, no matter how carefully I follow the simple recipe, I am incapable of turning out delicious Chex mix. It's always soggy and chewy. Once I even burnt it. But my Gran insisted that the mix be one of the things I get to bring to xmas eve dinner and I'm not allowed to just buy it. *sigh* Oh well, she'll just have to deal and maybe next year she'll let me bake a cake or something. THAT I can do.

And to make matters worse, my sister and Matt aren't here yet :( They were supposed to arrive in town around 4pm but due to a really long story, they missed their flight and have to wait to catch the same flight tomorrow (well, today. I haven't been to bed yet.) So that's one day less we get to spend with them out of the already too few days they'll be here. Sucks. There was nothing they could do though and if Kelly happens to read this - I am not mad or anything ;) I just miss ya. Sorry about the douchebag in holey spandex at the check-in counter.

Ah well. Xmas eve dinner tonight should be lovely with all the fam gathered to eat beer cheese soup, whatever the G's serve up, Rick's root beer, and my soggy chex mix. Then lots of pressies :) Then I think we'll drive over to this guy's house who's done a light show set to music. Shan and I checked it out earlier this week and it was way cool.

So with all this going on, plus another trip to Lincoln on xmas day to see Aunty Jo and fam, things will be quiet round here. I hope those of you who pop by here have a lovely Christmas full of family, friends, egg nog (except me, I do not like the nog) and of course, pressies ;) And that's quite enough of that mushy stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger