Thursday, December 13, 2007

Impatience is a virtue

It's 10:43pm and I can't go to bed. My eyes are burning, my contacts are like pieces of sandpaper in my eyes and I keep glancing longingly over at my cat who is curled up on my bed snoring lightly.

I'm trying to import one of my forum databases into its new home on my new server. Apparently the database is giganimous and I've been waiting for it to import for about 2 hours now. I didn't realize it was going to take this long so now I'm wishing I'd started it earlier this evening. *sigh*

I've never been particularly patient. Growing up, Christmas eve was agony for me, so eager was I to get to pressies in the morning that I'd stay up all night, too excited to sleep. I've grown out of that phase now though :) But my impatience leaks out all the time.

On the road, I despise being behind people who drive way below the speed limit. Online, I will curse at my computer if a page takes too long to load, or lags. I've cussed a blue streak at the database this evening. At work, my laptop is being particularly pokey when switching between programs and it's pretty much driving me insane.

Waiting for people who are late bothers the hell out of me. Once, back in Cali, a friend of mine told me she would pick me up when I finished my shift at the video store. I close up the place at ten and step outside to wait for my ride. And I wait. and I wait. Soon an hour has passed. This was the Jurassic era when we didn't have cell phones so I had no way to call her and yell at her. Long story short, she never showed and I walked the five miles home in the dark. The next day I found out I'd been blown off so she and her boyfriend could shag on the beach. Ever since then if someone is late to meet me or pick me up, I panic and get pissed off.

I don't really have a point for this blog other than I needed to kill some time while I wait for this motherf****ing ****sucking piece of **** big-ass database from hell to import.

I think I'll go poke the cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who?

Contact

CherryPop McGee...

CherryPop McGee is the daughter of a renowned Necromancer and famous Witch. She's grown up amongst wizards and witches and vampires and yes, even zombies. In fact, her bodyguard and close friend is a zombie. Her other best friend happens to be a vampire. You can read more about CherryPop at Ficlets (follow the sequels) or you can check out her blog at cherrypopmcgee.com

CherryPop's latest posts:

Help me out here...


I'm trying to find found the picture hanging behind David Boreanaz in this screencap. My quest is at an end. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Mel's Mixes...

I like to make dialogue remixes. It's fun damnit. Mostly Buffy/Angel/24/Bones stuff for now.
Right-clicky, Save as:
Captain John Hart - NEW! A Torchwood remix, feat. James Marsters
Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate - An audio file of the Great Debate between Spike and Angel

Sometimes I write...

ficlets featured author

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Previously...

What am I doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Syndicate & Stuff



    Tags

    Check out my Netflix Queue :)

    Go and See

    The Past

    Etcetera

    Powered by Blogger